Ocotea Therapeutic Grade™ Essential Oil
Ocotea Essential Oil (Ocotea quixos) — Young Living's newest therapeutic grade essential oil, Ocotea, is extracted from the stem and leaves of the ocotea tree in Ecuador and is related to the cinnamon species. This essential oil has an aroma that is different from any common cinnamon. Ocotea has the highest level of alpha humulene of any essential oil and also has natural cleansing and purifying properties.
Ocotea is wild crafted and distilled at Finca Botánica Aromática, Young Living's farm and distillery in Ecuador. Ocotea is harvested from a large tree found in the Amazon Basin of Ecuador, from sea level up to 1,500 meters in altitude. The trees are divided into male and female trees, with only the female trees producing foliage suitable for distillation into essential oils. Historical usage of ocotea dates back more than 500 years, when it was used to aromatize sweets and cakes.
Though there are hints of a cinnamon base, ocotea is different from traditional cinnamon. Ocotea has high levels of alpha humulene — one of the highest of any known essential oil. Alpha humulene can balance the body's internal response to irritation. Only copaiba essential oil has comparable levels of this natural plant compound.
Ocotea also contains the molecule, eucalyptol, which supports proper lung functions.
- Traditionally used as a disinfectant and for digestive support.*
- Highest levels of alpha humulene in any known essential oil which helps balance the body's internal response to irritation and injury, reducing swelling.*
- Far less skin sensitivity than cinnamon bark or cassia.
- Reduces blood sugar levels (1-3 drops under tongue)* by lowering cortisol levels which lowers insulin.
- Can lower cortisol levels which lowers insulin which can result in losing weight much easier*. Take 2 drops 4 times a day.
- Can also eliminate parasites and candida.*
Did You Know?
- Ocotea is found in Stress Away™ Essential Oil Roll-On.
- Ocotea has a relatively low concentration of cinnamaldehyde (less than 5 percent), which is a natural plant chemical that can trigger sensitization reactions. Traditional cinnamon can contain up to 50 percent cinnamaldehyde.
- Every two years the ocotea tree produces large flowers known as "ishpingo" or "flor de canela." Look for Ishpingo essential oil in a couple of years!
How to use: Diffuse or inhale directly for aromatherapy, dilute with carrier oil and apply topically, or take internally as a dietary supplement. Topical Use - dilute 1-4 drops with V-6™ Enhanced Vegetable Oil Complex or organic olive oil. Test on a small, inconspicuous area of skin to observe sensitivity; apply to deisred area as needed. Dietary Supplementation: dilute and place in a capsule; take one daily or as directed by a health professional. For those with diabetes, place 1 to 3 drops under the tongue. Testimonials have reported that glucose levels dropped 30 points in less than 10 minutes. Also 3 drops, 3 tims a day or 4 drops 4 times a day has proven to be more effective than glucaflague for diabetes. Caution:
Possible skin sensitivity. Keep out of the reach of children. If you are pregnant, nursing, taking medication, or have a medical condition, please consult a health care practitioner prior to use.
Item No.: 3556 ~ 5 ml
Pricing: Distributor $34.75 / Customer $45.72 / PV 34.75
We have more therapeutic grade essential oils from the Amazon!
The chart below shows the power of Ocotea as a strong anti-inflammatory essential oil as compared to other essential oils.
Face ~ Body ~ Bath ~ Oral Care
I am available to teach classes locally in the Central Florida area and am a former Nationally Certified Massage Therapist with over 12 years of experience, trained in Aromatherapy Massage, Raindrop Technique and Emotional Release with Young Living Aromatherapy Essential Oils through C.A.R.E. as well as workshops with Gary Young and Cherie Ross. I work out of my home in Winter Park, FL and am available by appointment, so please call now: 407.399.8562.
I highly suggest educating yourself about the truth of essential oils by purchasing the Essential Oil Desk Reference book which contains a wealth of information on all of our products including details on each oil and what oils to use for specific situations.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. Don't expect the same results unless you are using Young Living Therapeutic Grade™ Essential Oils and supplements. Also each person is unique and different in chemistry and toxicity levels, as well as emotionally and spiritually, so an oil that is suggested for an issue may not work as well as another. If a change is not apparent within three minutes, try another oil.