Hinoki Essential Oil from Young Living Essential Oils
Hinoki Essential Oil comes from the Japanese cypress, Chamaecyparis obtusa, and is native to central Japan. Hinoki wood has a spicy, lemon scent, is light pinkish-brown in color, and is highly rot and insect resistant. Considered a very high quality timber and one of the "Five Sacred Trees of Kiso," it has been used historically in building palaces, temples, shrines, baths, and traditional noh theatres. Hinoki's woody aroma has been known to energize and uplift the mind and may help calm and relax during brief periods of agitation.*
Hinoki oil has a scent that is uniquely Japanese. The wood is lemon scented, light pinkish-brown in color, and highly rot and insect resistant. Highly valued by the Japanese, hinoki forests have been managed and protected since the times of the feudal lords and samurai. Today it is a popular ornamental tree in parks and gardens.
- Increases spiritual awareness
- Helps to calm and relax during brief periods of agitation*
- Energizes and uplifts the mind*
- Deters insects*
Who Should Use Hinoki Essential Oil?
- People interested in increasing their spirituality and well-being with essential oils
- People who are looking to refresh the soul and settle the mind
- People who are in need of relaxing and invigorating the body
Did You Know?
- At more than 1,000 years old, the Horyuji temple in Japan is the world's oldest wooden structure and is made from old-growth hinoki.
- Hinoki means "fire tree." It was used to make fire by friction, a practice still employed at Shinto shrines.
- Termites do not eat hinoki trees. The wood acts as an insecticide.
- In wet climates like Japan, hinoki essential oil preserves wood by reducing the likelihood of rotting.
Ingredients: Chamaecyparis obtusa
Applications: Topical: Add 1 drop of oil to 1 drop V-6 Vegetable Oil Complex or olive oil and apply to desired areas, chakras, and Vita Flex points as needed. Aromatic: Inhale directly or diffuse up to 30 minutes 3 times daily.
Cautions: Keep out of reach of children. If you are pregnant, nursing, taking medication, or have a medical condition, consult a health professional prior to use.
Item No.: 3073 — 5 ml
Pricing: Distributor $24.75 / Retail $32.57 / PV 24.75
Key Scientific Studies:
- Wang WP, Hwang CY, Lin TP, Hwang SY. 2003. Historical biogeography and phylogenetic relationships of the genus Chamaecyparis (Cupressaceae) inferred from chloroplast DNA polymorphism. Plant Systematics and Evolution, 241:13–28.
Personally, I use all of my essential oils with affirmations and intention, which when combined with the consciousness in our Young Living Essential Oil Blends, creates miracles continuously! Be sure that your affirmation and intention are stated in the present tense, first person singular and with feeling ~ and enjoy!
Log in to start shopping or open your account with Young Living Essential Oils and incorporate the benefits of aromatherapy into your life today!
Young Living Essential Oils creates wellness, purpose and abundance every day! Please use my Distributor #534462 as your Sponsor and Enroller ~ I am here to assist you in every way!
Face ~ Body ~ Bath ~ Oral Care
I am available to teach classes locally in the Central Florida area and am a former Nationally Certified Massage Therapist with over 12 years of experience, trained in Aromatherapy Massage, Raindrop Technique and Emotional Release with Young Living Aromatherapy Essential Oils through C.A.R.E. as well as workshops with Gary Young and Cherie Ross. I work out of my home in Winter Park, FL and am available by appointment, so please call now: 407.399.8562.
I highly suggest educating yourself about the truth of essential oils by purchasing the Essential Oil Desk Reference book which contains a wealth of information on all of our products including details on each oil and what oils to use for specific situations.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. Don't expect the same results unless you are using Young Living Therapeutic Grade™ Essential Oils and supplements. Also each person is unique and different in chemistry and toxicity levels, as well as emotionally and spiritually, so an oil that is suggested for an issue may not work as well as another. If a change is not apparent within three minutes, try another oil.